A Jolt to Your Sleep:
While spring mattresses may seem comfortable at first, they don’t provide the necessary pressure point relief for a good night’s slumber. If you’re a side sleeper, you might wake up with a sore neck, stiff shoulders, or “dead limbs” from poor circulation. If you want a new mattress, get exciting voucher codes on Sleep EZ mattresses on our website. You can get up to 30% off promo codes on your next mattress purchase.
Most people don’t know this, but when you lie on a spring mattress. Your body weight is close to pushback at precisely the same power level. It’s impossible to get the right amount of support from a cushion because your body doesn’t exert the same amount of pressure in all spots.
We at The Sleep EZ think sleep should be restful and rejuvenating, not full of tossing and turning as you attempt to find a solution to your insomnia.
Sleeping Facts About Spring Mattress:
- The truth about sleeping on a spring mattress is that you can expect to lose at least 16% of your mattress’s support within the first year.
- The average lifespan of a spring cushion is between 7 and 10 years.
- Unfortunately, due to their failure to take spine alignment into account, innerspring mattresses are not the best choice for those who suffer from back pain.
- There are three main types of spring beds; Bonello coils, continuous coils, and pocket springs.
- Allergy sufferers should avoid spring mattresses because the airy polyester cover and the empty area in between the springs provide the ideal environment for dust mites to thrive.
Polyurethane Mattresses that can be Molded to Fit your Body:
Although, NASA developed the memory foam mattress, it’s sometimes hard to think that NASA actually improved the quality of sleep. The contouring support of a foam cushion allows you to feel like you’re sleeping in a warm, snug cocoon. The fact that your tossing and turning won’t disturb your companion means that you can get a good night’s rest even if you have trouble sleeping.
Our research has shown that only a high-quality memory foam mattress can effectively alleviate pressure spots by dispersing your body weight across the surface.
Sleeping on a Memory Foam Mattress:
- The Bottom-Line Memory foam mattresses can be quite cheap, but can also be very expensive based on the materials used.
- The mattress is multi-layered for maximum comfort and support, as it conforms to the shape of the body while resting.
- Bed companies typically back memory foam mattresses with a 20-year guarantee, which is significantly longer than the lifespan of traditional spring mattresses.
- It is recommended that you move your mattress every six months (i.e. easier sleep maintenance)
- This is because dust mites cannot penetrate the dense foam of a memory foam cushion, so allergies are kept to a minimum.
- You may experience climate sensitivity if you choose a low-quality memory foam mattress. Most memory foams use your body heat to shape to you, but conventional memory foam mattresses can get hot and uncomfortable if there isn’t enough air circulating through the foam. There’s a chance you’ll be a drenched disaster if you wake up in this kind of situation.
- Spending a little more money on a high-quality memory foam mattress will help you find the perfect balance for a restful night’s slumber.
About Gel Mattress:
we need a great deal of additional assistance sleeping, particularly if we are temperature sensitive or if our partners have trouble with fluctuating body heat. This is when we “gel” with our mattresses. Gel mattresses are constructed out of viscoelastic, a substance that adjusts to the weight and temperature of the sleeping person. Since gel absorbs the temperature of its surrounding surroundings, adding it to foam improves heat dissipation, but this effect may only last a few minutes. Gel memory foam and air-cold memory foam were modifications of standard memory foam.
Different mattress manufacturers either use a beading technique in which tiny particles of gel are inserted into foam forms, or infuse the gel into the mattress itself to create a blend. It’s commonly agreed that the blend technique is more pleasant than the beaded one. Many of the top mattress manufacturers currently use patented formulations and methods to either infuse or implant gel beads to create the most comfortable and cool mattresses on the market.
Facts On Gel Sleeping Mattress:
- Gel memory foam beds are more breathable and airier than conventional foam mattresses due to their open-cell structure.
- Expect more support than on a standard memory foam cushion due to the fact that this one will stop you from sinking all the way to the bottom.
- Gel-infused foam enables you to move easily while you sleep, making it more adaptable to different sleeping positions and increasing your comfort. Traditional memory foam can leave the sleeper feeling immobile due to its slow reaction time.
- Mattresses with gel in them tend to be more costly.
- Those of smaller build or those who favor sleeping on their sides may not get along well with Gel.
Adjustable Firmness Mattresses:
Most mattresses fall into one of four categories: soft, medium, medium-firm, or solid. Beds that fall in the medium-firmness to the medium-firmness category are the most widely popular. It’s essential to consider your sleep preferences and body type when deciding on a mattress’ firmness level.
Comfortable Sleeping Posture:
- The side sleeping posture is the most popular and doctors recommend it to reduce the risk of back pain. Because of the importance of spinal alignment for side sleepers, the most suitable mattresses have a firmness level somewhere between very soft and very solid. Extra firmness can hurt your pelvis and shoulders.
- Sleeping on your back requires a firmer mattress because you don’t want your pressure points to sink in too far.
- If you lie on your back, a mattress with medium firmness will be most comfortable. Poor spinal alignment is a risk if your mattress is too soft or firm in this posture.
- If you toss and turn throughout the night, a mattress with a middling level of firmness will provide the most comfortable support.
Type of Bones:
- Heavy people should opt for a firmer mattress due to the increased strain that comes with being overweight. Too much weight on a bed can cause back discomfort, which can cause the mattress to sink and disrupt spinal alignment. Top-tier mattress manufacturers provide options for heavyweight sleepers (those weighing more than 250 lb.).
- Sleepers who are not particularly heavy should look for a softer cushion, as their lower body weight means they will not use up as much of the bed’s surface area. If the mattress is too firm, you won’t be able to settle in far enough to ease the strain on your
muscles and bones.
You should think about both your sleeping position and your weight when deciding on the best degree of firmness. A medium-firm mattress is a good option if you weigh less than one hundred pounds and sleep on your back. A final note on mattress firmness: some manufacturers use a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest, to characterize the level of support they provide. You can use these ratings to compare the firmness of different products when you buy, but don’t put too much stock in the actual number. We give our mattress testers a 1-10 scale to evaluate the level of firmness, and their ratings rarely correspond.